Thursday, May 04, 2006

Random Musings: I'm all for purity, but...

Random Musings features a post, I'm all for purity, but..., on Father/Daughter Purity Balls, a trend that I missed out on and (thankfully) so has my own 16 year old daughter.

Rebecca writes:
Surely those of us with Biblical standards concerning sexual morality want to teach these standards to our children. We want them, boys and girls, to present their bodies as living sacrifices to God, and to live lives of physical, mental, and spiritual purity. We do not want them to regard sexuality as something to be exploited, as something that is less than the beautiful thing that God intended it to be.

But, well-meaning as the "Father-Daughter Purity Ball" movement may seem to be, it just doesn't sit right with me. In fact, to put it mildly, it seems disturbing.

No comments: