Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's a marshmallow world v.2009

We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.

~Buddy the Elf

It's just snowed a few powdery inches and now the temperature has plummeted well below zero. Out the window, it looks like a marshmallow world! For the few readers I have left, I've been thinking lately about why I haven't posted to Be Strong in the Grace for a while. Have I quit attending my fantastic church? Nope. Has my church changed and I've become disillusioned? No. Have I run out of thoughts? No. Have I allowed careless comments to bother me and make me second guess any thoughts of blog posts? No. Do I seem to have less time for posting? Yeah, I think that is it. Is Elf still one of my favorite movies of all time? Oh yeah!

Back in 2006, I must have been bothered by a few things. I wrote on this blog,
"In a perfect world, not only would I live at Santa's workshop with an all-candy and cocoa diet (watch Elf), there would also be no synods...only one perfect church. Seems I'm going to have to learn to live with the fact that not only is there no perfect synod, but I will also have to remain vigilant. I must accept the fact that others will criticize me and that I will sometimes need to criticize others. I will also have accept the fact that I must eat good meats, whole grains, salads, fruits and vegetables, with only the occasional candy cane and cup of cocoa."


At the start of 2009, I am bothered by fewer things. Mostly, time speeds by. Having a child in college is way different than I thought it would be. Dealing with my back injury seems to take up a lot of my time, oddly enough. And I'm really trying to stay on top of homemaking and other creative endeavors. I do expect to post more often in 2009, so stay tuned...




No comments: