Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Sceleratissimus Lutheranus: Talkin’ ‘Bout My Generation

Wildboar at Sceleratissimus Lutheranus writes:

I was in church recently and noticed that one of our elderly members, a woman named Marie, was in a wheelchair. Not unusual for some of the senior citizens in attendance, but I’d never seen her need one before. I didn’t get a chance to talk to Marie that day (her daughter wheeled her out the side door while I was still in the receiving line) but I received word the next morning that she had been hospitalized.

So I drove over to St. Joseph’s to see how Marie was doing. Thankfully, it was nothing serious, but it was causing her some serious discomfort. In the course of our conversation, she told me that the pain had started the day before, in the morning, before church! I asked “why didn’t you go to the hospital right away?” and she said “Oh, I wouldn’t miss church. I know how badly I need it.”I was astounded. Marie’s generation really seems to get what church is all about.
Read on:Sceleratissimus Lutheranus: Talkin’ ‘Bout My Generation

1 comment:

Stan said...

What happened to Sceleratissimus Lutheranus? I get a 404 error everytime I try to go there. Any idea? This could be a sad loss for the blog-o-sphere.