Thursday, July 14, 2005

Wretched of the Earth: Aquaphobia

A pre-seminary student and Confessional Lutheran blogger, Ryan at Wretched of the Earth, aptly expresses his doubts of being a "good enough" pastor and also is able to encourage us all:

Voicing my reservations to God about this path he has me on, I'm reminded of a simple fact: it's not about me. And it's not about you. I've always felt like I had to put on a show for people 'cause we're all so concerned about impressions, and to be a religious person you have to keep up the grandest show of all. But I can't do it. None of us can do it, and it simply isn't worth the effort anymore. God has loved us in spite of ourselves, and made us sufficient in the sacrificial work of Christ. We are but earthen vessels, busted out clay pots whose weaknesses can only point to the strength of a gracious God.Read on: Wretched of the Earth: Aquaphobia

No comments: