Thursday, November 18, 2004

Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi

This new blog, Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi, will be my new morning devotions for a while

It bills itself as daily meditations on the sanctoral calendar and lectionary as found in the Lutheran Service Book. The writer describes himself as Contra Mundum.

I am nothing but a simple Lutheran seminarian and vicar. Join me on my pilgrimage through the daily lectionary. May the Holy Spirit stengthen our faith as we meditate upon His Holy Word.

I highly recommend this blog, if not for the outstanding artwork alone.

I've noticed lots of interesting rants in the Confessional Lutheran blogosphere regarding the Emergent Church concept, so as follow-up reading, check out "Why the Lutheran Church is a liturgical church." and the discussion on same at John's Confessing Evangelical blog (see his post, "The Medium, the message and the Divine Service.") Also interesting reads are Rob's latest posts on the emerging church concept on Love and Blunder blog: Church: The rules have changed; Emerging E*CA; and An Emerging Question.

No comments: