Wednesday, January 05, 2005

All Theology isn't Christology!

Chris Williams does a stunningly poignant job of linking back to the very words of Christ. This post caught my eye because I am starting a new Bible study tonight on The Seduction of Christianity. We are using a resource book by the same title by Dave Hunt. I have not enjoyed previewing this book; it is so filled with milleniallist propaganda, that I quit reading it. I do trust my pastor to lead us through the topics from a Confessional Christian Worldview. The Bible will be our guide.

John 5:39 -47

39You diligently study[a] the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, 40yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

41“I do not accept praise from men, 42but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts. 43I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him. 44How can you believe if you accept praise from one another, yet make no effort to obtain the praise that comes from the only God[b]?

45“But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set. 46If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. 47But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?”

3 comments:

Chaz said...

It is an excellent post, indeed. Been in a lot of arguments recently about this. Some friends of mine like to quibble with Luther on this point and with that guy who made the annoying comment in the Gospel according to John.

They suggest that you can properly exegete certain passages in the OT without reference to Christ.

Chris Williams said...

This is probably something really obvious that I'm missing, but why is the title "All Theology isn't Christology"?

TKls2myhrt said...

Chris,

Remember...you ARE smarter than the rest of us! I had to think about that for a few minutes. It is titled "All Theology isn't Christology" because of my mention of the bible study on the seduction of Christianity! I probably didn't quite making the connecation I thought I was. That's the story of my blogging and talking life; people are always accusing me of not finishing my sentences.

Thanks for noticing!