Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Mattworks on the gospel, sin and baptism

Good post from Mattworks after a hiatus...

It's been awhile since I've last posted...last year in fact, but I wanted to wait until the comments worked again. I just returned from the WELS Campus Ministry TCW (Travel/Canvass/Witness) rally in Houston, TX. It was attended by about 70 college students from all over the United States. We had the opportunity to meet eachother, worship with eachother, and tell other people the Gospel together. It was a great time and I met some great people. You can find a super fun photo album of the trip here:http://photos.yahoo.com/mattreichardt@sbcglobal.net/

While it was great, I couldn't help but feel some guilt. The guilt being that it always seems to take something like this to get me back to where I need to be. I hate it that God always needs to kick me in the face. Paul shares my struggle in Romans where he writes, "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good...For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do - this I keep on doing."

Answer: Gospel

Keep reading...


Good quote:
Mattworks on baptism: Baptism is a daily thing, not just a one time thing. It's quite the dichotomy. Water saves and drowns.

No comments: