Sunday, January 09, 2005

Required Reading: Glen Piper on being a father

Glen Piper writes:

I’m afraid that the reason for the decline in the depth & quality of what we teach our children is due, not because of the kids, but rather due to our shortcomings & unwillingness to do the hard work of ensuring that our children are equipped with a proper catechetical foundation.

I must admit that I struggle with this every day, as I try to faithfully fulfill my duties as a Christian father & head of the household. I fail more often than not, but I will keep trying. I desperately want my children to know & understand the rich promises that God has made them, and the wonderous gifts He has given them, beginning with their Baptism. The Spirit can use someone even as flawed & sinful as me as an instrument of His will – and for that I am thankful.

The Piper household is blessed to have a good spiritual leader in Glen!

2 comments:

Chris Williams said...

Amen.

ghp said...

Thank you very much for the too-kind words, Theresa.

You make me blush! ;-)

-ghp