Sunday, June 05, 2005

Harold Senkbeil does indeed rock, Bob.




I've been reading Senkbeil's book, Sanctification, this weekend. It's incredible. I had been reading D.G. Hart's Deconstructing Evangelicalism and found it helpful in understanding what the current American Evangelical movement really is. But now reading Senkbeil's book, which I know comes from a confessional Lutheran perspective and was written about 15 years before Hart's book, I finally understand exactly what the movement is. I can finally answer my own question, "What is an Evangelical?" The answer is very simple. I will post on it soon.

3 comments:

Chaz said...

I loved the class I had with Dr. Senkbeil. :)

TKls2myhrt said...

Show off!!!!!

Chaz, please tell me about the class. What did you discuss? I'd love to hear about it!

Chaz said...

The class was called Pastoral Practice. It was primarily about 'Soul Care.' Visiting the sick. Caring for a family on the occasion of a death. Communion practice. Private absolution.

Basically, how to give your flock Jesus.

One of the best classes I've had here.