Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Introducing Wretched of the Earth

I just discovered a new confessional Lutheran blog from a new confessional Lutheran, RyanWretched of the Earth

He describes his blog: "Seen here are the growing pains of emerging from the vacuity of 'evangelicalism' and rediscovering the grace of God in confessional Lutheranism. But it isn't nearly as profound as that sounds. My alternate description for this page is 'adventures in sanctification'. "

He has plans to travel to Thailand soon:

I'm going to Bangkok in approximately three months with Lutheran World Mission, and I need to raise $10,000. That isn't the news. The news is the fact that this hit me like a ton of bricks today, and I got the dry heaves and passed out at the library. Not quite, but I did start to get a little worried. LCMS (Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod) sent me this book called FriendRaising that is supposed to tell me how to raise support. I guess the premise is that you had better get some friends before you ask anyone for money. It's probably a better plan than my current one of waiting for a benefactor to show up, like in Great Expectations.

1 comment:

Ryan P.T. said...

Theresa:
Thanks for the plug! I'll let you know when Magwitch shows up.

~Ryan